(Based on FSSC 22000: ISO 22000:2005 and ISO/TS 22002-1:2009)
· This training shall provide all delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to fulfill their role as a fully trained Auditor/Lead Auditor.
· This training is certified by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) and meets the training requirement for certification of auditors under the IRCA FSMS Auditor Certification Schemes.
· This course include ISO/TS22002-1 Prerequisite programmes on food safety for food manufacturing. Successful completion of this course will enable the delegate to meet the training requirements to act as an auditor for FSSC 22000.
It will enable delegates to demonstrate their capabilities in :
· setting up audits
· carrying out system audits
· reporting the findings
· leading and managing the team
· identifying and achieving the audit objectives
· recognizing/resolving difficulties in audits
Who should attend?
Auditors conducting first, second or third party audits, food safety professionals, Management Representatives and those interested in furthering their auditing skills in food safety systems.
Participants must be familiar with the following prior knowledge:
a) Knowledge of the following Food Safety management principles and concepts:
· Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as BRC, GLOBALGAP, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components
· Relevant key food safety legislation
· Knowledge of pre-requisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1
· Good Practices for Agriculture(GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the participant operates
· The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
b) Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000
· Introduction to the course
· Introduction to Food Safety Management System
· Overview of ISO 22000
· Overview of Food Safety Audits and Auditing
· Audit Preparation
· Documented Food Safety Systems and Documentation Review
· Auditing the FSSC 22000 requirements: This session draws on the participants’ prior knowledge to audit selected requirements of the standard
· Evening Assignments: Delegates work in teams to prepare for the day 4 “simulated audit” exercise
· Auditing the FSSC 22000 requirements (cont’d from Day 1)
· The Audit Plan
· Process Based Auditing
· Opening Meeting
· Conducting the Audit
· Evening Assignments
Day 3 (cont’d from day 2)
· Reporting and Grading Findings
· Closing Meeting
· Follow-up and Surveillance Audits
· International Registration Scheme for Certificated Auditors (IRCA)
· Exam techniques and debrief on specimen exam paper
· Evening Assignments
· “Simulated audit” exercise
Ø Delegates experience conducting a food safety management system audit in a “simulated audit”exercise of selected processes of an organization.
· Review performance of the “simulated audit” exercise
Ø The tutor facilitates this session whereby feedback is given on the delegates’ performance and any learning points to improve auditing skills
· Effectiveness of corrective actions
· Course Review and Summary
· Written Examination (2 hours*)
· *Note: additional 30 minute is given if the exam language is non-mother tongue (not the participant’s 1st language)
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to: -
· Lead and manage 1st, 2nd or 3rd party audits
· Participate in the planning, preparation, conduct, and reporting of audits
· Present their audit findings in a formal and clear manner to the interested parties concerned
· Assess the effectiveness adequacy of corrective action taken on audit findings
· Handle different situations encountered during the audits
This training is provided by Neville-Clarke International Pte Ltd, an IRCA approved training organization.
Course trainer is Mr Derrick Choong. Derrick is a registered lead auditor and lead tutor with the world-renown International Register of Certificated Auditor, United Kingdom (IRCA). With more than 10 years of dedicated working experience in this field, Derrick has a proven passion in assisting more than 300 clients in achieving higher performance level. Derrick excels particularly with action learning type of modules that include management system development modules, people management and auditing courses.
‘Certificates of Successful Completion’ will be issued by Neville-Clarke International Ltd with HKQAA to participants who have completed the course with 100% attendance and passed both the continuous assessment and the written examination.
Note for outstation participants
Participants are encouraged to seek accommodation close to the training venue. Participants are allowed to use a bilingual dictionary during exam therefore delegates are encouraged to bring a hardcopy dictionary. Please take note that electronic devices are not allowed during exam.