This course develops delegates' knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001:2008 standard and how to implement the effective quality management systems (QMS) based on the concepts of process approach and continual improvement, together with the skills required to effectively audit these systems in accordance with the best practice provided in ISO 19011:2011. The course is developed with reference to the training requirements for IRCA QMS auditor registration scheme.
Who should attend?
Managers, auditors, engineers, consultants, and other professionals involved in planning, conducting and managing the quality management systems audits
Delegates are expected to have a good understanding of contents, application and implementation of ISO 9001: 2008 standard
• Implications of the 8 key management principles
• Concepts of Process Approach & Continual Improvement
• Risk Management within Quality Management Systems
• Purpose and requirements of ISO 9001:2008
• Effective implementation & maintenance of QMS
• Types of system audits, covering the first, second and third party audits
• Effective audit planning, conducting, reporting and follow-up
• Skills required in effective management of audit
• Auditing for both compliance & continual improvement
• Knowledge based presentations
• Individual and group work activities
• Practical skills development workshops
• Delegates interactive discussion groups
• Continuous and written assessments of delegates performance
Delegates who successfully complete the course with full attendance and pass the examination will be awarded a certificate of satisfactory completion issued by HKQAA.